4.24.2012

Vacation vs. Staycation

I'm not exactly sure why I haven't posted in the last several weeks?? We've been about normal in our busy-ness and in life. I'm excited to say that last night we booked our flights & condo for our week stay in Branson for May. "Branson?!, why Branson?!?" I'm sure that was your thought going through your head. There are typically 3 responses when I tell people that's where we're going.
1. Where is Branson?
2. Why Branson?
3. Oh, I love Branson

If you fall under any of those categories, let me tell you...
1. Branson is in the SW corner of Missouri, nestled in the Ozarks.
2. It consists of a theme park (similar to Dollywood - to those who live in the South), lots of shows (mainly for old people) and some great lakes in the area. Plus, my brother and sis-in-law live there so we'll get to see them, along w/ my parents and Jamie's mom who will be joining us.
3. I used to hate Branson and made fun of anyone who "vacationed" there. But now I enjoy taking Breeson back there and I know he'll have fun at Silver Dollar City.

We strongly considered doing a "staycation" here in Colorado. Since it is such a beautiful state. But let explain why we're going to Branson over staying in CO. In my personal opinion, I believe Colorado has a LOT to offer for the outdoorsy type. Which, for the most part, I would think we somewhat fall under that category. Except for the fact that we have an (almost) 1 & 3 year old. Colorado has so much to offer in backpacking, hiking, trail riding, camping, etc. But when you're doing those things with 2 toddlers, not so much...
So, we decided to use our frequent flyer miles and found a condo that gave us a great discount b/c Jamie is clergy in Missouri. Plus, like I said, I'm really looking forward to doing it w/ some family - since we don't get to see them that often. They're both looking forwarding to see their grandkids.

And for those in Kansas, I'll be flying into Wichita close to the end of May w/ the boys. I'd love to see and catch up with you...

Finally, we just need to find someone who would like a FREE place to stay while we're gone. Anyone want to vacation to Denver!?!? By "Free", I mean you would need to keep our garden/grass watered and keep our lovable, yellow lab. :)

No comments: