12.15.2012

Still waiting...

To sum up the last few months into one word, it would be - hard. After learning awhile back that Jamie's job will end on Dec 31st at the church we've been serving at in the last three years, we've had a lot of emotions that have come with it. We're sad to be leaving such a great community, but excited as God will open a new door for ministry. However, we're still waiting on that door and it's already mid-December. I will say that I'm probably one of the most impatient people. Just ask my kids. To trust God in all of this has been so hard. The funny thing is is I know He'll do it in HIS timing, but I fail to believe that at times. It's a battle with the head and heart knowledge that always fights within me. And to add to everything else, we've had our house on the market for over a month now and no leads on it. We have hardly any showings. Granted it is almost Christmas (that's what I keep telling myself).
So it gets a bit discouraging when people want updates on our lives and we don't really have much to say. Except that we know God is still working behind the scenes. We'll admit, we have our good days and we have our bad days.

There are many times in the past where we didn't know how something was going to work out, and yet God always came through - even if it was at the LAST minute. So that's what we're holding on to. I'm not a health, wealth, and prosperity believer, but I know that God cares for us and wants whats best for our lives. Although it may not always look how we think it will look. But He never fails us.

No comments: