1.23.2013

Smoothies & Sickness


Last weekend Eagan caught the stomach virus going around. It's no fun having a sick baby. Although I'll admit that I liked the extra snuggle time. He's a sad kid when he's sick. He just wanted to be held or sit on the couch and watch movies or watch Breeson playing with his toys. And we know he's sick when he doesn't even want to eat. Of course, Jamie caught the bug too a few days later and is just now getting over it. I'm hoping and praying Breeson and I don't catch it. I would be okay if we were done with sickness for this winter season. But I know it's part of life...


We've had some nice weather lately, so we took advantage of it and road bikes, went on walks, and I even went for a quick run the other day.



----------------------------

We don't typically make New Years Resolutions, at least we don't write them down. But I think we are like most people and "plan" to change our eating habits and start exercising more as we start the new year off. I enjoy smoothies but just don't make them often. However, I'm going to try and be better at making them so I can be better at my veggie intake. 
    
Ingredients: plain yogurt, apple, kale, carrots, Almond milk, whey protein & wheat germ

I did add these in my smoothie too - I forgot to put them in the picture.

It was pretty good. I made another one the next day and changed up the ingredients a bit, and it was even better. (I added fresh blueberries & a couple frozen strawberries)

So I raise my glass to a healthier 2013.
Did I mention I had ate some candy and had a cookie at work too!? :)

No comments: