2.17.2013

An update...of sorts

I guess I figured I would give a quick update on the sale {or lack of} of our home and directions in where God is leading us.
To say that He isn't leading us anywhere would be far from the truth. But to say that we are 100% in knowing where we're headed is also a farce. We know that God is working behind the scenes, but we're still waiting on those doors to open. This journey has definitely been stretching for us. We have had quite a few showings, just no bites. We once had an offer, but the girl low-balled us and we later found out she was shopping out of her price range. It's been a bit frustrating that our house hasn't sold, and yet I'm so thankful it hasn't at the same time. !? Huh? What I mean is that had it sold a month ago, we'd be packing up our belongings and heading nowhere. Well, not really nowhere. We both have loving family (and friends) who wouldn't allow us to be homeless, but the thought of moving somewhere temporarily with 2 kids and a dog doesn't sound appealing.

I've had my moments where I've cried out to God and asked "where" and "why". I can't say that I've had much feedback, except there have been times where I've felt an overwhelming sense of peace. I think a lot of that has to do with my husbands faith rubbing off on me. His faith and dependence on the Lord thru all of this has been amazing. I know he's not perfect, but he's been my constant source of strength (apart from the Lord) in reminding me that God has a plan for us all and that His timing is truly perfect.

As we head into this Lenten season, may we draw to Him and be reminded that God is all powerful and all knowing...even when we don't understand the "why's" and "what's" in life.

No comments: