6.08.2008

Well we're sitting in the airport terminal right now about to head back to Denver. Our (short) time in Mississippi & Alabama was spent visiting with family and friends. We had such a good time catching up with them. I wish it could have been longer; however, I am pretty tired from being on-the-go since Wednesday.
On Wednesday, Deena drove us to the airport at 3:30 am, so we started our trip with little sleep!
When we arrived in Tupelo, Mississippi, we were both hit with the HOT, humid weather. Yuck. I must say, I don't miss living in this humidity. I needed to do my daily run, so later that night, Jamie took me to a track - I about died! It's so different running here compared to Denver where I hardly break a sweat. Well, Wednesday - Friday (morning) was spent hanging out w/ Jamie's family. His mom spoiled us with home cooked meals!! It was a lot of yummy veggies from her garden. Plus, it was great catching up w/ his siblings (and sibling in-laws), plus his nephew, Gunner. Friday morning we met up with our friend, Cody, and he drove us to Birmingham. From there, it was pretty much a whirlwind of eating and hanging out w/ a lot of old friends. Notice that in order to have a good time with people--there must be food!!
Friday night, we stayed at Ashley & Reid's beautiful new home. We had a small get-together w friends that night. Saturday morning I regretted eating so much junk food the night before, considering I had to run 8 miles that day. After my 5th mile, I thought I would never make it to the end - but I did!! On Saturday, we got to have a nice lunch w/ more friends; from there we headed to the Summit for a quick minute and then headed to stay at our next location. Saturday night we went to Fire & Ice in 5 Points!! Yummy! I should have taken advantage of the all-you-can-eat buffet, but unfortunately, I was full after my salad and entree. But it was SO yummy. We then hung out afterwards and attempted to play "SNL Trivial Pursuit", but hardly any of us knew the answers.
All in all, it was a great weekend seeing everyone. We're pretty tired though and we're both ready to be back in Denver.
I'll try and post some pictures from the weekend on here soon...
See you on the flip-side.

2 comments:

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

hate that we missed seeing you while you were in town (at least for a little while)...
~k

Mae said...

good to see y'all this weekend! hope y'all get some rest :)