7.02.2008

So I got a new pair of running shoes less than a couple weeks ago. I've heard so many good things about Saucony's that I figured I couldn't go wrong. I purchased them at Sports Authority - which I actually think was my mistake. Had I went to Boulder Running Company, I could still take them back and get "fitted" for the right shoe according to my stride. My boss said he took a pair of running shoes back to BRC after having them for a month and they still exchanged them.

Ever since I bought the shoes, I can't get rid of a blister on the back of my left heel. It's no fun running. On Monday, I figured my blister had gone away enough for me not to wear any bandages; for the first mile my heel hurt, but towards the end of my 3rd mile, it didn't hurt anymore. So I figured it was all good! Well when I arrived back at the house, I looked down and the entire back of the heel was bloody - my blister broke again!!

Today I wasn't so naive. I bandaged up my heel and the run wasn't so bad. I'm not looking forward to Saturdays run of 11 miles. I just want these shoes to be broke in already!! Next time I'm definitely going to BRC for my next pair of shoes. And I've been encouraged to try Mizuno's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joy! This is Christa. I have those shoes and I had the same problem the first few weeks, but now I love them. When you get them broken in, they're great! That's pretty sweet about the other store, though! Hope you're having a good summer!

robert said...

Love these shoes. They will be perfect for my feet.