7.01.2008

It's a small world after all...

So last Thursday I joined a co-worker (plus our office intern) from DFN to go run a 5K at an Irish Pub in downtown Denver. We were all new and had never done it before, but were excited b/c apparently quite a few runners attend every week. Well, the great catch is that after the run, you get free spaghetti & salad.
From our office to downtown it took over an hour b/c of rush hour traffic. So I doubt I will make this a weekly event. At one time before we left the office, Stasia mentioned to us that her sister (along w/ her sister's friend) were going to meet up w/ us to run.
At the pub we were all introduced to each other and soon found our way running around Cheesman Park.
Afterwards, we were doing our post-run stretching and Stasia's sisters friend (??) :-) asked me where I was from originally, which I replied "Kansas".
She then proceeded to ask if my maiden name happened to be "Claassen". Well that got my attention right away!! After a little more prodding...we realized we are 2nd cousins!! My dad and her mom are 1st cousins!! Crazy huh? It's SUCH a small world. I have more family in Denver then I thought.
I believe we may have met once when I was probably very young (like 7 or so??). It was pretty shocking but humorous.

1 comment:

Ashley Davis said...

i'd totally run for free spaghetti and salad!

thats just so crazy about your family!!