12.07.2008

Christmas is comin'!!!

I love this time of the year: putting up Christmas decor, eating foods that only come around at Christmas, seeing family and friends that you don't normally get to see, and Christmas parties!!!
This year we've got a lot of parties on our calendar; most of them are one's in which we need to bring "white-elephant gifts" to - I love it!!! Last night, we went to a party and had a great time. Deena went w/ us and the gift she got was someone's great, great-grandmother's hair!! It was so funny. (but not to Deena!!)
Jamie and I hit the thrift store this past weekend and found a pretty sweet gift to take to another party next weekend. I better not say what it is right now.

Well, we got our Christmas tree up!! I'll try and take some pictures soon. I got it off of Craigs List for $50!! The lady we bought it from moved from a large house to a condo, so she just didn't have room for the 7.5 foot (high) by4 feet (wide) pre-lit (white lights) Christmas tree. In all honesty - I didn't expect it to be SO big! I convinced Jamie it would fit in our place...and it did, after we completely rearranged our living room and pushing our couch 5 inches from the TV. It fits! :)

We're headed to Kansas for Christmas. Unfortunately, the prices to fly to Mississippi were outrageous and we couldn't justify paying that much to only stay for 5 days. But we're pretty excited that Jamie's mom is going to come to Kansas and spend Christmas w/ my family.

Well, not much else is going on. The belly is growing slowly but surely. I have yet to buy maternity pants. I wouldn't have made it this far w/ out the belly bands!! We did go to Target the other day and I tried on a few pair, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $30 for one pair.
I will say that I surprised myself by (accidentally) putting on a pair of size 2 jeans. I don't say that to brag - but I was utterly shocked b/c now is the time I feel the biggest!!! Needless to say, I didn't buy them - even though they were on the sales rack - because they were the maternity pants that had the elastic on the side and I don't think those are very comfy. ??? I actually prefer the band at the top of the pants b/c i feel like it's holding everything in place.

Jamie's in his last week of classes this semester. Finals begin Monday. He's had a hard semester - mostly b/c he did it to himself by taking 8 classes. :( But he's done a great job in balancing time w/ studying, spending time w/ me, and other responsibilities (w/ church and stuff). I'm proud of him for working so hard!! He's such a good student.
You can do it, honey!!! Keep up the good work.

No comments: