7.07.2011

You'll be missed...

Early this morning, my sweet Grandpa Claassen went to be with the Lord.
There are so many wonderful things I could say about him; but the main thing I'll remember the most about him is his gentle personality. He was one of the kindest, most gentle people you would ever meet. He was a strong man of faith, loved his wife dearly, and his family.

He was an identical twin. He was known in the small community in which he lived as "one of the twins". It was not uncommon for you to see him in the local cafe drinking coffee or out farming with Uncle Donald (his twin).

This isn't easy to write. Grandpa was truly loved and we all admired him deeply. We know his love for Grandma was genuine and strong. I think I hurt more for her loss than ours.
I know she lost her best friend.

I'm thankful Breeson got to meet him, even though he'll probably never remember him.


So on Saturday, we're headed to Kansas for his funeral. A lot to do before we leave...

1 comment:

The Boccias said...

Joy, I'm so sorry. It's hard to lose grandparents. Will be praying for your grandma especially.