1.07.2009

Just some (VERY) random thoughts from Joy...

I got new shoes this week (Keen's). I've been wanting them for awhile now. I used a gift card from Christmas, which made it all happen. Katie, from my small group, had a pair on Sunday night and I knew that's what I wanted to use my gift card on when I saw hers. They are comfy!!

This past week has been pretty hard emotionally and physically (and it's only Wednesday!) .
Emotionally - some things at work had to change and it's taking a little bit to adjust too.
Physically - I am now in the stage of not sleeping well. I wake up almost every hour trying to find the most comfortable position. Plus, Jamie's dreams have been weird lately and I've been waking up to them. Oddly enough, he never remembers what he's dreaming about the next morning. thanks, honey. ;) j/k - I still love you.

Right now, I'm sitting in the coffee shop w/ my husband; we were hoping to have a quiet night out - instead, there are about 35 teenagers here, ranging from jr. highers - sr. highers, all invading our space while talking at the highest decimal possible.
Oh well, maybe all of this sugar intake (my italian soda and cinnamon roll) will help take the "edge off". I blame it on the baby wanting all of that - not me.

So here are some of my fears about having "the kid"...
1. not really being prepared (ie. baby room, etc), mainly because I don't care. ?? They say that'll come when I begin to "nest". hmm...I'm still waiting for that to happen
2. that I could become "that mom" who takes 100 million pictures of (practicaly) the same pose of their child and posts them on Facebook or their blog. I pray I don't become like that
3. not knowing what to do when they cry for long periods at a time
4. giving birth
5. having the kid for the rest of my life
Are these thoughts normal? Please don't answer.

I am excited about this upcoming year. 2009 is going to hold a lot of changes for us; all of which I am excited for (even though they may share some of my biggest fears!).
I'm thankful that Jamie is taking it easier on school this spring semester so he can have more time to spend with me before the baby comes. Plus, he'll get to be at all of the dr's appointments with me. :) brownie points for him.
Well, I guess that's all for now.

4 comments:

Ashley Davis said...

i long for the days that i can sleep on my stomach again.

also, if its any consolation, i see myself in your fears. even the facebook stuff, haha. i'm terrified of losing sleep (how selfish). but also just how to even take care of a baby. i can't believe the hospital is just going to let us take him home- we don't know what we're doing!

ok, i digress. :)

The Boccias said...

Dang it! I am that facebook picture mom. :( Love you!

Jaclyn & Zack said...

I am convincing myself that all of these fears will just go away and I'll know exactly what I'm doing once Eli is here. Like it will all just ::snap:: happen. Maybe we'll even understand the whole FB same pose pics??? Maybe?

akolinger said...

Regarding your fears...very good to process the magnitude of how your life will change. But you will love it, maybe not right off the bat but I assure you, you will!
I didn't get Wyatt room together until a month before he was due because I also didn't care that much.
Now, don't knock those picture taking people ;) we like to capture the beauty of every moment. I feel beauty is found in the small details and it's fun to share that with the world...lol.
You are going to do great! When ever you want to talk about things just give me a call...I'm no expert but it fun to share life together!

Love you!
Amanda