1.05.2009

no school, no work - YEAH for me!!!

Since Jamie has been done with his school semester, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with him!!
It's been so much fun hanging out now that he has more free time. Apart from doing a lot of traveling because of Christmas, we've spent a lot of time together. Usually this would drive me nuts, but because I know it won't last much longer (once we gets a full-time position somewhere) - I'm enjoying the time I get to spend with him now.
On Saturday we did our normal routine of sleeping in. Then we hit the road to head towards the Springs; a co-worker's sister offered to give us a baby crib for free. Although it isn't technically a crib, but rather a bassinet, we are still very thankful for what we've been given thus far.
I guess this will give me the good excuse to get a crib set of my choice now (ie color, style, etc.). :)
Then we ate lunch, got my haircut (or "whacked" as Jamie puts it), and then just relaxed at home.
Sunday we again spent the day together, but we mixed it up by having lunch w/ friends, then had fellowship w/ our small group.
All in all - I love spending time with my hubs!! (Another post may follow in the future of how he's driving me nuts...) ;)

----------------------------------

Finally...early in the fall, we invited our dear friend, Deena, to come and stay with us until she found a place of her own. Well, she found a place and moved out on Friday. Our "little girl" is growing up!!
Jamie and I had really prayed about whether or not it would be wise for Deena to live with us. Since we had just gotten married no more than a year before, we weren't sure how it would all work out - but b/c God is good and answers our prayers, we had an awesome time w/ Deena.
And although it's always nice to have our space back, it's kind of weird not having her come in/out. We'll miss you Deena! But glad to know you don't live far. :)

1 comment:

deenanour said...

i love you so much joy...and jamie :)

i thoroughly enjoyed my time with you guys and do miss seeing you daily...and it's only been 3 days :)