10.15.2009

life...

Jamie and Joy news:

Life has been pretty busy lately. It seems like we're always on the go. At least for me it has been. I know Jamie's days can go by kinda slow sometimes, since he's at home more than I am. But lately, he's been busier with taking care of Breeson, doing his internship with the church and has lately been meeting with a lot of pastors (all thanks to God of course, and our friend, Clint).
This past Tuesday, we had a couple visiting our office from the UK. I got to be "tour-guide" that day. I took them to Colorado Springs to Garden of the Gods then to Focus on the Family.
Tonight, we're headed over to some friends' house for dinner, then immediately heading over to another couple's house to celebrate Theresa's birthday. Yeah for turning 28!!
This upcoming weekend we've got something going on every day.

Next week Jamie has been summoned for Jury duty. We hope he won't have to do it b/c we've yet to find a babysitter. If need be, I'll just take time off of work. But we're super excited about our friends visiting from Alabama (Holly, Zeb and Zoe)!! Next weekend we'll all head to Dillon to stay in a sweet condo. Hopefully there'll still be some snow so we can go snowshoeing.

Breeson news:

He's now 4 1/2 months old and still in the 95% for both height and weight. A few weeks ago he turned over once, but hasn't done it since. He STILL isn't sleeping through the night, even with him eating rice cereal, and me putting more cereal in his bottle at night.Ugh. I think if I put the whole box of cereal in his bottle, he would STILL wake up in the night.
I am finding that he is a routine guy. He wakes up every 3 hrs in the night for food, whether he's hungry or not. When I feed him at 8 p.m. (after feeding him cereal and putting more in his bottle at night), he still wakes up at 11 wanting to eat. So lately, I'll go in his room, comfort him without picking him up, then walk out. He cries for a little while but then goes back to sleep for about another hour. I then feed him at around 12ish. Last night when I tried to comfort him, he would doze off, then cry, doze off, then cry...I slept on the floor in his room by his crib and every time he cried I would get up and comfort him. :/

5 comments:

Michele said...

Oh Joy, I remember those days. I really truly believe colic babies just don't sleep as well for quite sometime! I don't think (as you are finding out) that food has anything to do w/ it! At this point doing what you are doing trying to help him go back to sleep is great...they need to learn that, they don't get it! One day really soon he will start sleeping through the night and all of this will be a distance memory...I promise! Lo started sleeping through the night at around 24 weeks! (But sleeping through the nite was 8 hours starting at 7pm! so it was early to rise for me and then she would go back down for another 4). Anyway good luck!

the smiths said...

Oh Joy! :(

Ashley Davis said...

joy, what a sweet mother you are to sleep in his room like that.

Ginger said...

Hey Joy! So fun to see Breeson grown & change! Thanks for your comment - yeah, I put her on her tummy quite a bit. Sometimes it's not for long - she doesn't always want to! I would be okay with her waiting to roll around... I'm not quite ready for her to be mobile! :) Oh - and someone told me that boys and girls tend to develop at different paces. Though my mom told me that I was a late crawler because I was SO fat that I couldn't bend my legs... ha.

I'm going to sound like a horrible mom putting this out there... but Avery sleeps on her tummy now. Whether I put her there or not, that's where she ends up - and she sleeps SO much better! I check on her often, but she doesn't wake up as often when on her tummy. I know I know, it's horrible yada yada yada... but I just talked to another friend with a boy 2 weeks younger than Avery and he sleeps on his tummy, too - by accident. His grandma put him on his tummy & my friend was ecstatic that he slept through the night - then freaked out when she saw he was on his tummy. She loves her sleep, so tummy it is - ha ha.

All that to say - whatever works for you works for you and I'm sure Breeson will sleep through the night soon. :) Sounds like you're doing everything right. :) I hope you sleep more soon!

Karen said...

Joy,

Things will definitely get better, even though it doesn't seem like it right now. We will keep praying for you that you'll get the rest you need and that Breeson will start sleeping through the night soon.