10.05.2009

Race for the Cure


Yesterday, I ran the Race for the Cure 5K, in Celebration of my Grandma Swartz (BC survivor since 1985) and Rebecca Wertz (our Pastor's wife, who just conquered her 2nd round of BC).
It was pretty cool being a part of 53,000+ participants.
**Denver's Race for the Cure is one of the largest races in the world. When I would turn a corner, I would occasionally glance behind me - it was neat to see so many people.

I woke up at 5 a.m. so Jamie and Breeson could drop me off at the Light Rail. Since it was like 40 degrees, we felt it was best not to take Breeson out in the cold for the race. So I did this one alone. When I got off the train, I followed the crowd to the START line. Since I was by myself, I weaseled my way to the front! :) I was like 10 people from the start line. However, I didn't stay there the entire time. I mean, c'mon, I live in Denver - home to thousands of hard-core runners! I will say it was a bit discouraging when a lady pushing a jogging stroller passed me, along w/ guys dressed up in banana suits. Also, I never did catch up to the 10 year (?) little girl that was in front of me. Seriously!?! Ugh. My time was right at 10 min/mile, which is what i figured. It was COLD running that morning. Since I rode the Light Rail in, I didn't want to be carrying a coat while running. Also, I didn't have my camera, so Jamie took a couple snaps before we left the house, and the bottom two I took from our local news page. I'm just thankful it wasn't snowing here in Denver.





1 comment:

the smiths said...

Wow girl! That's awesome! You look great, by the way!