4.13.2010

Eat Mor Chikin!!!


Woo hoo!!! Jamie got a part time job at Chick-fil-A today. He starts on Monday.
I know it's obviously not a dream job, but I'm thankful he's willing to do what it takes to support our family.
Some of you may/may not know what our job situation has been in the last year+. Last year Jamie decided to step back from going to school full time (Denver Seminary) to take care of Breeson. I continued to work full time. Then, this last fall, Jamie got a job as the Young Adult Coordinator at The Light of Christ Anglican Church. Although we wish they would had the budget to bring him on full time, we are thankful he is still getting ministry experience and we get to be a part of this church.
Well my job in the last year has gone through some major changes. A few months ago they informed us that they are moving the main office to Washington D.C. at the end of May. Since we decided we don't wish to relocate to D.C., I knew I would be looking for a job soon. Now that Jamie has 2 part-time jobs, I'll be looking for a part time job too - but now I get to stay home more with Breeson. We're all excited about that.
In all of this transition and waiting period of our lives, God has truly taught us that we need to rely on Him. It's been a growing period for both Jamie and I. And although these things are never fun or easy to go through, we have grown so much.
God is good...all the time.

I will say this, I've always thought it would be fun to open our own Chick-fil-A store someday. Jamie and I have actually mentioned that in the past - way before he even thought about working there. Now he can have hands on experience and we'll know if this is something we'd possibly be interested in doing...way in the future. Maybe when Breeson is old enough to work there - one less employee to pay!!! :)

2 comments:

Michele said...

open one here in Wichita!! I hear you on all the changes and waiting on God. I have been taking a little trip through the refiner's fire myself, but in the end you always come out so shiny and new. God is always faith like that. :)

Ashley Davis said...

Yum! Maybe I'll eat Chik-Fil-A today in honor of Jamie's new job!

Yay for the Christian Chicken, haha!