4.26.2010

update

The weekend was pretty relaxing. It was nice seeing my husband. Since he started working a second job, we would see in each other in passing for about 15 minutes. I would usually be in bed before he got home, and if I didn't, then we would talk for a few minutes before I crashed.
On Saturday, we picked up this dresser from a lady on Craigs List (sorry Kandyce!). We got such a bargain! The lady sold it for $5. It's solid wood too. Jamie had to fix one of the drawers, but it was easy. He thinks it may even be an antique. Anyways, we've been needing something really bad for Breeson's clothes. The only thing we had holding Breeson's clothes were baskets sitting on his changing table (shelves). It was not convenient, nor eye appealing.

Then this is a little project I've been working on for a couple weeks - a collage board. I think it maybe cost me $5 all together. I actually stole the idea from Pottery Barn. I bought the cork board, elephant pic and black pic frame from the thrift store. I then covered it with burlap. I made his profile pic and then just added his baby hat and hospital bracelet. I'll add more as we go.

This little man is 11 months (as of Saturday).

In short, he...
*now says "Mama", "Dada", and "Ball", and occasionally a "hi" here and there
*is now walking and into EVERYTHING
*talks on his play phone; pretends to talk to Dada
*has fun in the nursery at church and no longer cries when we leave
*knows how to throw fits and occasionally tries to slap us in the face (God give us love, patience, and wisdom)
*now has 8 teeth
*loves watching animals
*doesn't know how to play with other kids yet
*becoming a better eater. He loves: fruit, mac and cheese, spaghetti, yogurt balls, cheerios and breakfast foods. He does NOT like: meat, veggies, eggs
*favorite toys: ball, slamming his penguin on the floor by holding his hair and making loud noises on the floor (sorry Ryan, the guy who lives under us), stacking toy, truck
*loves when we read to him

1 comment:

The Boccias said...

Love the boy, love the dresser too! I understand about working/not seeing your husband much. :( I always love reading your updates. How's the house hunt going?