4.16.2010

Got Tofu?

We are trying to eat healthier. And by "healthier", I mean not eat so much meat. Jamie grew up in the south and I grew up in the midwest, so to us, a meal is not a meal without MEAT. But, we decided to eat at least 1 to 2 meals per week that are vegetarian. So, thinking outside the box, I found this recipe on Whole Foods' website: Oven-Roasted Tofu with Apples. I actually liked it. Jamie thought it was only 'ok'. He promptly followed by eating a PB&J. :) I would like to try more recipes using Tofu. I will say this, I felt very "Colorado-an" after eating this meal!!


2 comments:

Michele said...

Good for you! I am an RD and can't even bring myself to eat tofu.

Ginger said...

I'm with Chele. :)
However, we are eating healthier and even going more organic (and can you believe I'm SAVING money??). We have started making vegetables the larger portion and if we have meat, it's the smaller portion... it's going pretty well!! :) Keep us posted on more tofu recipes if you do them!