6.16.2011

post baby blues

There's so much joy and excitement after the arrival of a newborn. Showing him off and being pampered by friends/family. But with it comes the tiredness, along with the leftover weight gain. I realize I just had a baby 4 weeks ago, but still, it's discouraging not fitting into my "regular" clothes. I went shopping on Tuesday afternoon. Where at?? At this amazing store called Goodwill! I bought some shorts and a couple dresses that will hopefully tide me over until I can get back in the old clothes. I'm tired of wearing the same stretchy pants. Plus, with nursing, it's not easy wearing certain clothes. It could be awkward pulling a dress all the way up in a public place just to nurse. :) I wouldn't do that, by the way.
So on the weekend of July 2nd, Jamie is performing his first wedding to a lovely couple that we used to be neighbors too. It's crazy how we as girls can already begin thinking that far ahead and start planning what we'll wear. My dilemma - not what will I wear? But will it fit?I have a couple weeks left to whip my body back in shape. Yeah right. I'm off to a great start...I downed a double cheeseburger meal from McD's, along w/ a choco shake today. Ugh.
Would the bride be offended if I wore my black sweat pants to her wedding?!
So, here's to starting to eat right...and begin exercising. Well, after this weekend. We're going to the Greek Festival here in town tomorrow night and I plan to eat some delicious hummus and greek fries!!

1 comment:

The Boccias said...

You always look great! I am still frustrated by how I look after Baby #2, though, so I understand.