3.26.2008

sleeping in...

Ahh...today I slept in. Well sort of, Jamie came in and woke me up at 7:30. But then we both laid there until almost 8:30. I kept dozing in and out. But either way, it felt good and I love it when my hubby comes in to wake me. It's a good site in the morning!

We were tired from our fun, day trip to the Springs w/ Clint, Ter, and her sister, Angie.
We got to tour Focus on the Family (as well as Whit's End), then went to eat a picnic lunch at Garden of the Gods. It was such a beautiful CO day (around 70 high). So many people were out w/ their kids and dogs; walking both of them!!

Then we tried to go to Seven Falls, but since most of the trails were still closed, we decided to save our money for another time. Instead we went to Old Colorado Springs and walked around to venture into the cute little shops. I love window shopping.
Overall it was a cheap day, but it was a lot of fun. Plus, I always enjoy spending time w/ our friends.

We made it home just in time to drop Clint, Ter, and Angie off, run to Q'doba and get home to watch Biggest Loser. I must say that I am glad Dan got kicked off. He was beginning to bother me with his sexist comments. And I used to really love Roger, but he's starting to get on my nerves too. The way I describe his behavior, is that he acts like a 10 year old boy. I always wanted his roommate to win, Trent.
So sad. But I was VERY excited to see the girls get a boost of energy from their win. I don't mean to sound like a feminist, "yeah, go girl" attitude, but they've just had it so hard lately.
Anyways...I'll get off that subject now.

Today, I'm headed to my old job to do some filing. They're going to allow me to continue filing and do odd jobs in order to make a little extra money. My new job starts on Monday (yeah!!) but since we took a pay cut, I decided that another small job on the side would be good. My new job is working as the Office Coordinator at the Dalit Freedom Network www.dalitnetwork.org . I am excited about this job b/c it's something I truly believe in; this won't be just any ordinary "job".

Well, I need to get dressed, make lunch for Jamie before he heads to the library, and get my day off and running.

1 comment:

Ashley Davis said...

YAY!!!!!! This makes me so happy! Love you!