3.30.2008

soreness...

Ugh, it's already Sunday night. Where did the weekend go? Saturday was a really good day. It was sunny and close to the 70's. I went to the Goodwill and dropped off some stuff. I decided to venture in and see if I could find any "treasures". We're still in need of a headboard - but no such luck that day. Anyways, I found a ball glove and a tennis racket. This summer Jamie and I are playing in our church softball league. And I already had a tennis racket, so all we needed was one for Jamie. I got home and went and did my scheduled run, which was so nice b/c SO many people were on the trail. Then Jamie and I headed to the park to play!! We first played tennis, which wasn't as bad as we thought it would be, and then threw the ball around. Needless to say, my arm/shoulder muscles are very sore today, along w/ every muscle in my back. But we had a lot of fun playing our new games!

It was very difficult to wake up this morning. But church was good. I really enjoy our church and the people in it. I made country fried chicken (healthy way), corn on the cob, and mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum...it actually turned out good! I will admit that I opted with the white gravy from the packet. :)
Small group was really good; like it always is. We're studying Joseph right now. We're learning that although we may all have different "dreams" in life, God may bring things along the way that we don't expect. How do I respond when such trials arise? How do I avoid from allowing bitterness to come into my life and react negatively against people/things?
It's a good study and it's been teaching me a lot. It's easy to forget how what sunday school stories are really teaching us.

Oh yeah! It's official -we bought our tickets to Birmingham tonight!! We are for sure coming to visit friends in Birmingham and Jamie's family in Mississippi June 4-8. I'm SOOO excited and can't wait to see everyone. We will also be there for our friends' wedding, Ryan & Jessica.
Look out B'ham...here we come!!

2 comments:

jess said...

Yay - you have a blog! Yay - you're coming to Birmingham! Good Times.

Ashley Davis said...

I can't wait to see you guys!!!!!
I hope your first day of work is going great!