9.09.2008

a change...

Today was one of those, so-so days. I looked at the clock around 2 this afternoon and was sure it was close to 5 p.m. But no, it wasn't. For some reason lately, I just haven't felt like being at work. I absolutely love my job and I enjoy the people I work with, but I feel a little burned-out right now. No reason. So on my drive home, it was nice to get a call from Joe & Becca. They were on their way to Applebee's close to our place and wanted to see if we'd meet them. We gladly agreed!! I had the yummy Crispy Orange Chicken bowl. It was so tasty.

It was also a great excuse to not run tonight. I decided I'm going to take it a little easier for the next week or two and then start re-training for another 1/2 marathon. I've yet to decide if I'm going to run the Denver Marathon. It's a HUGE race!! I think it'd be an awesome experience, but to be honest - I hate running in cold weather. Last year, the weather was so nasty for the race and I'm scared it could happen again. Plus, I'm waiting to sign up b/c the registration isn't cheap.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Right now, life seems to be in a bit of rut. I need to look for some change. I guess turning 27 this week may be a good start ... yikes!!!
--JOY

2 comments:

Mae said...

Joy...totally understand where you are coming from. You love your job and who you work with but are in somewhat of a rut. I'm right there with you. Not much is really going on (or at least I seem to overlook the small things hoping that something big or something will happen) Find joy in the small things!
Glad you treated yourself...don't want to over do it, but i am so proud and inspired by you persistence!
also on more thing......
YAY ITS YOUR BIRFDAY SOOON!!!!!! 27 that's awesome :)

Ashley Davis said...

you could get pregnant, that'd be a change.
I AM JUST KIDDING, HAHA!!!

But seriously, I completely understand. I hope it gets better for you soon. When I get like that, Reid always tries to talk me into getting new hobbies, ha!

ps- 27??? I didn't realize that's how old you'd be tomorrow!?? Whooooo!! You should run 27 miles in honor of your bday, hahahahahaha! Who am I kidding, I can barely run 2!