9.04.2008

my run...

So today was the first day I got back to running after my 1/2 marathon on Monday. I was given a small dose of "humble pie" during my run. On my shorter runs, I head to University Blvd, which is a pretty busy 4 lane road. I was at my turn around (in front of the Fire Station) when all of a sudden I tripped over a small incline (I think??) in the cement. I totally did a face plant and just laid in the drive way - mind you I was no farther than 10 yards from passing traffic (which a lot of cars were passing by and totally saw). I laid there for awhile b/c 1) it hurt and 2) I was checking to see if I skinned my knees; luckily I hadn't. I think if I had, I probly would've sat there crying. I finally got up and headed home. I guess the only thing that got hurt was my pride!!!

2 comments:

Mae said...

im so sorry to hear about your fall! oh and we won't be in denver on the 19th of October..so sad! We are going to visit Dustin in Grand Junction on like the 17th. So we will need a place to stay from like the 11th to the 17thish. Can't wait!

Unknown said...

For some reason I can picture this perfectly! Except it's you in the NCHS gym dodging volleyballs and laughing your head off. ;) ~ Heidi