9.22.2008

the weekend.

So for a Monday it hasn't been too bad. Although, I did feel like I could already take a nap during staff meeting, which was at 9 am!!
We had a good weekend - busy, but good...
FRIDAY: we had Cody over for dinner. Jamie made his chicken hot wings and garlic potatoes (yummy!). Then the four of us: Jamie, Cody, Deena and I played poker w/ our the money we keep in our change jar. Jamie won! Then, the guys stayed up and watched a movie (eh hem, "guys" movie which I won't say the name of!! ;)).
SATURDAY: I ran a short run and then went and watched some friends finish a triathlon at the reservoir. Just watching them made me tired - so I went home and took a short afternoon nap!!
Then Saturday night, Jamie and I went to the Rockies game w/ our dear friends, Chris & Crissie. SUNDAY: of course we went to church at Hope. Can I just add that I love our church family? Every week I feel more and more at home there. After the service, we had our quarterly meeting followed by a potluck. Yeah for potlucks!! Then we met w/ our small group for the 1st time this fall. Jamie and I are leading this year. We're pretty excited about the group - a majority of them are the same people from last year, but we had 2 couples that had to leave and so 1 joined in their place. On our way home, we hit up Stasia's birthday party (co-worker from DFN) and ate some yummy food + cake. Last night, Jamie and I just hung around the house, ate leftovers and watched a Bollywood movie, "Chak Dei".
And that was our weekend.

1 comment:

kkp said...

chaka-deeee chaakaaaa-deee innnndddiiiaaaaa.... oh, i just love shahrukh SO much. :) he's so dreamy.