10.22.2008

emotions...

The past few days have been pretty emotional. I had to put my cat (Sake) up on Craig's List on Sunday. Then today a co-worker actually came by and picked her up. I know that for the sake of the baby (b/c Sake was a little too rambunctious), we made a good decision. However, it wasn't an easy one. I definitely took it harder than I thought I would...a lot of tears have been shed.
Growing up on a farm, we never had to give pets away. If my parents didn't want it as an indoor pet, then we would just have it outdoors. I don't have that option here since we live in a condo.

Now, for all you who are not pet lovers, or even cat lovers, you probably don't understand where I'm coming from. But growing up on a farm, my pets were my best friends. (not to say I was a loser who didn't have any friends, but I just had a lot of pets!!) :)

And you know, the older I get - I don't think it's gonna get any easier on me when I have to give up a pet or when one dies. Jamie will probably still be comforting me when I'm 50...and that's okay with me.

3 comments:

Jamie and Joy George said...

I only hope I get better at it...

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy. I recently found your blog, and I'm enjoying catching up with you a little. And I sympathize with your current sadness--we had to get rid of our cat O'Malley for the sake of babies too. Sad. But as a happier anecdote, yesterday right after I handed my youngest a toy or something I realized that I had (completely unintentionally) said, "here, kitty." I guess the inner cat lover never dies =)
--lisa

Ashley Davis said...

That really is so sad, don't feel bad for crying, you're justified. Thats the only reason we never got rid of Chewy, we just couldn't handle it emotionally.