6.24.2009

catch up

well, we're back in Denver after our 2 week journey across 1/2 of America. We had a great time visiting family and friends in Kansas, Mississippi, Alabama and Missouri. In all, we drove over 2,400 miles and spent over 36 hours in the car.
**I will try and get pictures posted no later than the end of this week.
Breeson did pretty good. Poor guy, spent most of the 2 out of the 4 weeks out of his life in a car seat. We only had a few meltdowns on the road, but I think it was mainly due to him wanting to be held. :( It broke our heart to hear him cry in the backseat and not be able to do anything for him. He would eventually cry himself back to sleep.

Well, our son is now 1 month old today. Like everyone says, time flies by. Right now, he is sitting in his swing sleeping. I am not sure how much I'll get written on here... :)

Jamie and I are adjusting to parenthood. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful helpmate. Jamie has probably changed more diapers than I have. Thanks honey!!
I'm slowly adjusting to the little sleep that comes with having a baby. Although, Breeson has done a great job ever since he was born in sleeping in 3-5 hr shifts through the night.

I am pumping, but it's been a slow process. In fact, Jamie has only taken a few shifts during the last few weeks of having it b/c i haven't pumped that much. It's definitely been a slower/harder process than I thought it would be.

Today I (slowly) jogged to the dry cleaners (which is less than 1/3 of a mile from our house). It felt pretty good. I think I would like to try and find a 5K to run in by the end of the summer. I'm thinking long term goal here!!! :) We'll see...
I still have a few pounds to lose from my pregnancy. I still can't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. I know it is from all of the sweets and pop I drank during pregnancy; now I'm paying for it. Jamie and I started our "diets" yesterday. We're trying to eat better. The road trip definitely didn't help (fast food, eating at our parents' house, and of course, the good 'ol Southern food!). I'm so glad we got pregnant when we did (even if it wasn't planned). I'm hoping the summer will help motivate me to get back in shape; although Jamie and I both agree that "round" is a shape!! :)

3 comments:

Jaclyn & Zack said...

It was so good to see you guys last week. Hope you're recouping well!

the smiths said...

Girl, you looked GREAT! And hang in there with the pumping...seriously, the more you do it the more you'll be able to get! And it's definitely worth it to be able to get out and about every now and then! :) It was so nice to see you guys even though it was a quick visit!

Ashley Davis said...

I'm so glad I got to hang out with you guys and meet Breeson!
And I agree with Sam, you looked so great!