6.01.2009

Laundry...

Laundry has a whole new meaning now that Breeson is here...

Yesterday:
Growing up, my mom taught us at a young age how to do laundry. I can't remember the exact age, but I remember doing a lot of folding while watching t.v.
As a kid, I hated doing it, but we didn't have much of a choice.
Moving into my college years, doing laundry was still an undesirable chore. I would hold off on doing it until I ran out of clean undies (it came in handy having over 31 pairs!!) :-)
When Jamie and I got married, we came up w/ a "system" to do laundry, since neither of us liked doing it. Jamie would start the clothes, then transfer them to the dryer. After they're dry, he'll lay them out so they don't get wrinkled. My job is to then fold and put away the clothes. It works out for the both of us!!

Today:
Laundry is becoming more of a daily thing. I didn't realize how bad breastmilk would smell if spilt on clothes, blankets, etc. I realize it is milk, but for some reason I always thought it wouldn't smell bad. ??? Go figure.
So needless to say, in theory we should always have clean clothes available since it seems like we're always doing laundry. Another "joy" of being a parent. But...I wouldn't change it for the world.

Tomorrow:
In the future, teaching Breeson how to do laundry will be one of the firsts! I may teach him how to do that before we even learn how to potty train. ;)

1 comment:

Michele said...

Joy congrats on your new little one! Just wait until he poops that breast milk poop all over his clothes like an explosion up the backside! :)

Enjoy him!