6.06.2009

quick updates

Not much has been going on, except for the usual adjustments every new parents go through. We are doing okay on sleep, although it still never seems like enough. Here are a few updates:
  • Went to Breeson's 2nd week doc's appointment yesterday. He gained almost 1 lb in a week. Yikes! The kid likes his milk. :)
    He now weighs 9 lbs 5 oz.
  • Have had several friends stop by and bring us meals in the last week - thank you everyone!! It has been nice not having to cook, Jamie would agree, as he does most of the cooking anyways.
  • On Tuesday, we'll head out on our long road trip to Mississippi and Alabama. We'll stop by in Kansas on the way to Mississippi and stop in Missouri and Kansas again on the way back. We are very excited to see friends and family.
  • I went for my 2 week post delivery check-up. Everything seems to be going okay. I really desire to have my body back, but I know it'll take time. Plus, I just hate still being a little sore. I want to start exercising like normal again. Although, I'm sure I'll have other excuses when I am able to do it!! :)
  • Tomorrow Breeson will be 2 weeks old. It feels like he's been here forever! It's hard to imagine life before him. Even though he mainly eats, sleeps and poops, we still enjoy him and love him beyond what we ever imagined.
  • He's now evolved into a colicky baby usually from 7 p.m. - midnight. Poor Jamie, as this is his "shift" to take care of him. He's so patient w/ Breeson!
    Doc says that breastfed babies are commonly colicky from 5-11 or 6-midnight - which is exactly the times Breeson has it. Poor baby. Poor us.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Joy---
I hate to hear your baby may be colicky! I TOTALLY know how you feel! My Leighton has been colicky since about 2 weeks to well now (she will be 16 weeks tomorrow!) It is starting to get better and they "say" it should be ending about now! Seriously I know we aren't that close, but if you need to vent or ask for advice on colic babies feel free to contact me! It is VERY VERY trying to deal with!! And no one can possible understand unless they have gone through it.
TIP: don't be afraid to just let him cry for 10-15 minutes while your re-coup your sanity!!! It took me too long to learn that!

You shall be in my prayers!

(mkeethler@gmail.com)