12.02.2009

Going Green: Doing our part

We decided to give cloth diapers a try. Although the cost up-front was a lot, it should be worth it in the end. They say on average, a baby who uses Luvs from birth to 2-3 yrs can cost around $2,500. Ouch! The set below was a little around $250. We still need to buy more, but we thought we would try them out first.

The way these work is: there is an outer shell, liners and extra absorbency pads. The liners snap in (essentially they work like a maxi pad, you just snap it in, then take out when it's wet), and you can reuse the outer shell 3-4 times in a day. These diapers even have disposable diapers so when I'm out and about, I can put them inside the shell and then throw them out. The only downside to it is, it gives Breeson a huge pidunka dunk!!



2 comments:

Rebecca M. said...

Please keep us posted on how well they work and if you like them. I want to try them if I have another little one (just a little concerned about the clean up) Big tush or not B- is a cutie! =)

the smiths said...

I have thought about making the switch, but I'm a little scared.. Let me know how it goes for yall!!