5.18.2010

it's just the beginning...

Last night was a bad night w/ Breeson. It started off w/ us heading over to Michael's to get some stuff for his birthday party. I asked one of the employees about their 40% coupon b/c I threw mine away; she said to just ask the cashier and they'd give me one. When I got up there to pay, the cashier was terribly rude to the customer in front of me. Then when I asked her for the coupon, she wouldn't give it to me. I just walked out and didn't buy any of my stuff. And just to show her how upset I was w/ her, I dumped everything out of my cart on the shelf right by her counter. I know that wasn't very nice, but I was mad that she treated the lady in front of me that way and then not to even help me out by giving me a coupon. Plus, it didn't help that 1/2 of the stuff I was looking for I couldn't find there. Plus, while we were in there, Breeson did good for the first 3 minutes and then started throwing fits. So all around, it was not a good Michael's experience.

Next stop: the library. I let Breeson play in the kids area for a while, thinking he would be "grateful" for getting to run around before we head over to Target, where'd he have to sit in the buggy. But it wasn't long before he was creaping other kids out b/c he wanted to "play" with them while they were reading/on the computer. So I put back in the stroller and tried to check out books/movies for me. Well that didn't last long either.

So we head over to Target. This is where it went down hill. Breeson was that kid and I was that mom. He was pitching a fit in the buggy and I was trying to calm him down. So frustrating. I had a list of stuff I was supposed to get, I was only able to get 1 of the things.

On our way home, I had a coupon for Chick-fil-a, so I figured I'd stop and eat and let Breeson play in the play area. He did okay, but he wasn't too interested b/c there were some bigger, roudy boys in there. Plus, they were using some pretty foul language. I held my tongue b/c I really wanted to tell them to stop, but I didn't. We just packed up and headed home. Of course not to leave there w/ out another fit. And even when we got home, he was still a bad baby. I'm DREADING the terrible 2's.
God give me patience, love and strength...

4 comments:

Ashley Davis said...

ohhh so glad to know i'm not the only one who has days like this....

i'm sorry you had a bad day, though. :(

Julie said...

I think they just go through phases. I remember Ori acting really naughty for a week or so, dreading the horrible 2s, pondering how to better discipline, and then he came right out of it and was a sweetie pie again. Hopefully that will be true for you! Sorry it was a bad day. Those are sure tiring and stressful.

Anonymous said...

Oh Joy...yep, we have days like that (and often!). That kid is going to be the instrument that God uses to teach you patience...and you just have to deal with it!!!

It's amazing how they can be little poopie heads one day and then the sweetest angel babies the next day. You gotta love 'em!

The Boccias said...

Oh, Joy. You're not alone! And I laughed picturing you at Michael's...yeah, that'll show 'em! :) Weird as this may sound, thanks for sharing about a not-so-good day.