5.30.2010

Progress

We made some progress on the house this weekend. We did some painting, hung blinds, re-hung and added some closet hanging rods, and even did some weeding. It still hasn't sunk in that this is our house!?!
Breeson already loves playing and exploring in the backyard. I'm so excited and thankful that we're moving right in time for summer.
Thanks to some friends who helped us clean and paint...it made the load a lot lighter! (Theresa and Becca)
(Jamie and Joe)
B's room before...
and after...
I can't remember the name of the color of paint. It's by Behr and it's a blue/grey. But in this picture it looks more blue than grey. I'm very pleased with it.
B's room doesn't have a closet, so we bought this armoire on Craig's List (plus a matching headboard for us). There a few scratches b/c it was a bit tight fitting it through the doors. But we made it! I'll need to get one of those correcting paint pens.
So I'm going for BOLD colors, as you can see!! Jamie was afraid it would make the room feel too dark. But I think he's pleased with how it turned out.
This may sound funny, but I've always wanted a room this color. Ever since I saw the movie, "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2", I've wanted a room this color. In the movie the dad has an office similar to this. I've never forgot. :)
Well, stay tuned as to how our kitchen looks after the paint drys...

Tomorrow I run my 10k. I need to get to bed. I ate a ton of carbs tonight. I'm feeling somewhat prepared. My monthly came at the wrong time, so I didn't feel like running last week, plus I drank a ton of pop, and I'm pretty sure I ate McD's at least 3 times last week. ?? Yikes, I know.

Then early afternoon we'll head over to Joe and Becca's for a Memorial Day BBQ. Oh, and my last day at DFN was Friday. So I am taking the next few days to pack up the house and then on Thursday I start my new temp job. I'm praying and hoping it'll turn into a permanent part-time job, b/c it is only a few blocks away from our new house.

2 comments:

Ashley Davis said...

The room looks amazing! Can't wait to see what color you're doing the kitchen!

Wow, I didn't realize you were done at your job! You've got a lot going on! Whew!!

And how cute is Breeson walking into his room!?!?!

the smiths said...

It really is looking great! I love the color of Breeson's room...and the armior (or however you spell it) is fabulous!!