12.22.2010

Life as we know it...

Well, as most of you know, I had a pretty poopy day yesterday. I'm so thankful God gives us new mercies everyday and that He carries us through, even on the rotten days. Even though I hate those low valleys in life, that's when I have to depend on Him even more.

Some have attributed my "moodiness" to my pregnancy...and it could very well be true. But so much has happened in our lives in the last year (ahem, 3 years of marriage) that I think that also plays a part. We feel like we're just kind of in a "rut" right now and we're not sure what the next step in life is. But I guess, who does?!
Plus, it doesn't help that my A-type personality carries with it high and low emotions. I too wonder at times if this pregnancy is bringing out the best/worst of those in me.
With Breeson I was pretty steady. Jamie once told me that I was "nice" during B's pregnancy. He meant it in good taste! So...we'll see how the sex of the baby plays a role!!

Anyways...on a much lighter note. Here was our family Christmas photo. We actually did it in November. We were at the mall one day and since there was no line, we jumped on the chance. It was funny though b/c Santa was dozing off as we pulled up. Breeson wasn't about to climb on his lap though this year. Maybe next year?! I actually thought it would've been funny if Jamie sat on his lap, but I think he would have broke Santa's legs!! He seemed pretty fragile.

I thought I'd give a quick run down of our highlights and lowlights of 2010 as a...

Family:
  • Bought our first house in June
  • Adopted Sadie from the Rocky Mtn Lab Rescue
  • Found out we are prego with kid #2
Jamie:
  • Finished his Graduate Certificate at Denver Seminary
  • Started working at Chic-fil-A part time to help bring in income - after only a few months he got promoted and is "in training" for a really good position (still not disclosed to some employees, so I can't say what it is). Thus he is now there full time (50 + hrs/week)
  • Worked 20 hrs/week at our church - but has recently stepped down due to the amount of hrs at CFA
  • Had his first case of Shingles - hopefully it will be his last
  • Ironically lost 20 lbs while working at a fast food place!! (I can say that b/c guys don't care!)
Joy:
  • Ironically gained 20 lbs since finding out I am prego w/ kid #2!!
  • Lost my job at DFN due to them moving headquarters to D.C. But am working at a great Oncology/Hematology Office in which I enjoy my work and coworkers
  • Ran the Boulder Bolder in my goal time - but was lazy and didn't do any other races the rest of the year
Breeson:
  • Celebrated the big 1 year!
  • Started going to day care
  • Reached a ton of milestones in the last 12 months that it'd be crazy to list on here

No comments: