12.03.2010

November in a nutshell

Well, I'm doing pretty good. I think I'm averaging 1 post a month now!?!? Ugh. I'm going to try and get better.
This last month has been busy. We've had a LOT of sickness. Jamie had shingles and food poisoning - not at the same time thankfully. And Breeson and I've had our share of colds, of course alternating back and forth - when I'm sick, he's well and vice versa. Right now we're all well (knock on wood, I know) - hopefully we'll stay that way for a while.

A few weeks ago my parents flew out for a weekend. It was short but sweet. Breeson had a great time with them and we got a lot done!!
sorry this is small. ?? Here's what our arch was before...
and here it is after. And if you can't tell what we did...we widened it. When we first moved in, we barely got some of the furniture in the back rooms (to the left and right)
We had a good Thanksgiving. Even though it was very anti-climactic. We had another couple, Kandyce and her husband Jon. Kandyce and I worked together at DFN. Both of their families also live out of state. It was nice having a simple Thanksgiving - although it was just different. Usually when you're with family, you spend the whole day together eating, playing games, eating leftovers, etc. Our guests came, ate lunch, stayed for a little while then left. After they left it was like - Oh, Thanksgiving is over. And done. So that was that. I'm not complaining...it was just different this year.

I put up some Christmas decorations after Thanksgiving. I'm not gonna lie...Christmas is hard to decorate when you don't have a fireplace mantle. :( I miss having one. So I just had to make do. We're hopefully putting up the tree tonight...pic's to come. (I know you can barely wait for that) :)
I've been super excited about this. I bought this set a while ago from church. (I didn't include the rest of the set in the pic). They are hand carved stone from Africa.
These are of course OFF-LIMITS to the little man. I need to find a kids Nativity set for B to play with. I realized when I was putting up the Christmas stuff that I don't have anything for him to play with that I don't care if it gets broken or hurt. So when we were out shopping I bought him this plastic snowglobe that plays (extra loud) music. :( He seems to be content.

Otherwise...in other news:

Jamie:
  • is working hard in his "new" position at work; putting in around 50 hrs a week. So needless to say, some weeks we barely see him depending on his schedule of when he's working
  • just started the process of ordination
Breeson:
  • went for his 18 mo check up. Instead of the 90%tile for height, he's now in the 95%tile. I hope he's always tall. When he stands next to kids that are 2 or 3, he's pretty close in height, thus everyone always guesses he's older.
  • just got his big boy potty - although he doesn't want to go potty in it yet. But after (almost) every time he pees or poops, he let us know. So we're getting somewhere...
  • still cries EVERY SINGLE TIME we drop him off at day care - he's now been there a month
  • vocabulary is getting bigger and stronger. He likes to count...but only does "1, 2, 1, 2..." or "3, 4, 3, 4..." in repetition.
Joy:
  • I'm now 15 weeks - but according to pic's compared to being pregnant w/ B, I look like I'm almost 20 weeks.
  • I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel w/ my sickness. I still have some bad days here and there. I mainly have to stay on top of my eating otherwise I get super gaggy. It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it!!
  • works going well. Although, since I work at an Oncology office, I'm beginning to see how hard it can be. We really do make some strong relationships w/ some of our patients, so when they die, you can see how it affects the office.

2 comments:

Ashley Davis said...

Fisher Price has a Little People Nativity: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=fisher+price+nativity&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=17357545745011281062&ei=--f5TP3fC4aBlAf3372lDA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCQQ8wIwAA#

Lots going on for you guys! Glad everyone's feeling better!

Oh, and I LOVE Breeson's stocking!

Michele said...

we need bump pics!! But I know what you mean you feel ginormous w/ baby #2 right away!

And I agree get the little people nativity set it is awesome, Lo loves hers.

I hope you can get B potty trained before baby #2 comes, it is/will be nice. That is what I did/am doing w/ Lo. It's hard work, but it will be worth it and the sooner you start the sooner you can get the process over with. :)

Glad you all are feeling well now and hope it stays that way!