2.23.2011

If...

If you were to stop by my house unannounced today, you would witness one or all of the of following...
  • a (still) very sick little boy who can't seem to shake off this infection
  • a now sick mommy who has a bad sinus infection and is still in her pj's at 1 pm (i've never been punched in the face but that's what the entire left side of my face feels like. if i touch it, it's the same feeling as when you push on a bruise)
  • a messed up bed from when we crawled back in mid-morning and slept for an hour
  • dishes in the sink
  • a semi-clean house - and that's only b/c my awesome hubby took time to quickly clean, vacuum, and run to the drug store all before heading to work himself, all while fighting a cold himself
  • meds all over the counter, including a breathing machine for B - you would think we're running a small drug store here
  • a sick boy who follows me around saying "want mommy"
  • a mommy who is enjoying this time of rocking her "baby" while she has the opportunity
All that to say though, we'll all be thankful when this time passes. I miss my boy who is constantly running around and eats like non other. His appetite for the last week has been very poor. It's hard to get him to eat anything. And when it comes to taking his antibiotic, we have to hold his mouth open, all while him crying/screaming as we shove it down his throat before he spits it out. I. hate. that.
And to think...8 more days (2x/day) of that.
I hope this makes me that much more grateful for when we are well - it's so easy to take it for granted. I can't imagine how people do it on a daily basis when they deal with long term illnesses. God be with them and give them strength...

1 comment:

K said...

That sounds awful! We will continue to pray for grace for you all as you make your way through this. I wish that I could help in some way but l am in ks caring for my grandpatents for the next week. Hang in there!