2.20.2011

Sunday catch up

Can't believe it's practically been a week since I last blogged. Where has the time gone?
Today, I look like a bum with my yoga pants, tshirt and slippers. I figured today would be a good day to catch up on here. Breeson's been pretty sick this weekend, so we stayed home while Jamie went to church.
Of course on Monday, we celebrated Valentine's Day. Since Jamie and I went out on our special date on Sunday night, we stayed in as a family on Monday night. (if you haven't read the post from our Vday date - please do so below - it's quite amusing!)

Breeson loved his miniature heart cake I made him:


We got him a small Vday gift (bath toys):



Beautiful tulips from my awesome hubs:


Jamie and I have a tradition of him making his special Spaghetti on Vday (it's really YUM - but I won't give away his secret ingredients):


...and me making a heart cake:

As for the rest of the week, it was spent on continuing to work in the basement
in preparation of moving down there. We're getting closer!!
I won't post pic's until it's completely done.
Now, don't get too excited, it's not like a major rehaul happened.
We basically expanded closet doors, added sheet rock where the previous owner had been lazy, and have done a lot of painting.
But it's big to us. And so far, we're happy with how it's coming along.
One thing we are finding out about projects, they take a lot more time then planned and cost more than expected. We've made so many trips to Lowe's/Home Depot lately...they might as well keep our credit card on file there.

Breeson's also been sick a lot this week. It first started as a cold, nothing major. But then his temp's just wouldn't stay down on a consistent basis. I hate pumping the kid up with med's all the time. But when he wasn't on them, his temp would go up. I think last night we finally made a break through. !? I'm praying. His cough still continues to linger.

Yesterday Goodwill had there 50% off sale. So B and I hit it up.
I was hoping to find a dresser for his room - that was a no go.
I did find this though! He's moved from his highchair w/ tray to this and is now sitting at the table with us like a "big boy". I kept telling him yesterday that the old chair was for the baby (as I pointed to my belly). He seemed to get it. He would point to the new chair and say "mine". A sweet co-worker just gave us her sons old toddler bed, which we'll be adjusting to sometime within the next week or two. Depending on how soon we get moved downstairs.
I'm a little nervous about all of the changes he'll be going through, but I guess it's better now than after the baby comes...which will be a big enough adjustment.

Well, back to being Sunday...my pot roast, potatoes & carrots turned out horrible today. I put them in the crockpot around 7:30 and at 12:30 the veggies were still hard. :( The meat was done though. ? I should've started it off at "high" then turned it down. I just figured with it cooking for 5 hours on "low", they'd be done. So, we're gonna have Stew/Hash with the leftovers. If they are still hard at 5:30 pm, then I think something's really wrong with the veggies...or my crockpot!?

1 comment:

Ashley Davis said...

i like sunday catch up.