5.09.2011

Bullets

  • Today after I showered and got dressed, Breeson kept repeating that we were going "bye-bye". This isn't unusual for him to say but I did realize something. It dawned on me that my son only recognizes us as going bye-bye when mommy gets dressed. :) So in other words, my laziness in staying in my pj's or not showering is being communicated to him in ways I really wish he didn't understand. So I hope I can do better at this... :) We did in fact go somewhere but I'll admit there are days that if I know we're staying at home all day that I don't put much effort in getting "dressed". And although I don't live in my pj's when I do stay home, I should be more assertive in looking better. I know it'll help my morale just as much as his - it'll help me get the day going.
  • I had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. My boys spoiled me, as usual. But it felt even more special b/c of the special day marked on the calendar. It started off by Jamie letting me sleep in. Then I woke up to a wonderful card and pancakes!! After church we came home and just hung out. In the afternoon we did some last minute shopping before baby comes (I needed slippers!) and we ate out. We ended the day playing at the park. It was fun. We had a lot of laughs and the weather was just perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better day.
  • I'm 37 weeks now. It's crazy to think that he can come anytime now. I'm really hoping he comes sooner rather than later. This time around I'm much more swollen. I had to give up my wedding ring about a month ago. But I did that with B as well, but it felt much sooner this time. My toes and fingers constantly look like sausages; it makes for some uncomfortable days at work with my shoes. I'm currently (as of last week - I do have a doc's apt tomorrow) 2 cm's dialated and 60% effaced. But I know that doesn't mean much.
  • This Sunday we're celebrating B's 2nd birthday. We are going VERY simple and cheap this year. Simple b/c I did Evites (please don't look down at me for that) and we're doing it a local park. Cheap b/c I'm making his cake and cupcakes. I'm just praying for nice weather.
  • My job is changing and I've been asked to switch from 3 days/week to 2 days/week. And although they're doing their best to help me get the hours I still need before the baby comes, it's still affecting our budget. This is a time in our life where we truly are having to lean on God's provision and timing. This time around I don't have maternity leave pay or paid vacation - since I'm only there part time. Plus, there's no guarantee I'm going to have a job after my maternity leave.
  • Which brings me to my next point: Jamie is avidly looking for a full time ministry position. We understand the economy right now makes it tough for churches to hire an Associate, but we're praying that God will open a door somewhere. We're even open to moving...
    Last Friday we went to a Soaking Prayer service at our church. It was SOO refreshing and a humble reminder that God truly does hear our prayers and that we just need to continue trusting in Him.
  • It's pretty crazy to think we're gonna have a 2 year old on our hands in 2 weeks from tomorrow. He already likes to show us that he'll be 2 by holding up his fingers. He's almost got his colors down, but we still like to stick to "1, 2, 1, 2" instead of increasing our numbers to 3, 4, 5...
    We're nowhere close to potty training. I hope to really work with him during my maternity leave (however long that may be). But if he's not ready, then he's just not ready. And I'll have to accept that. He's doing well in his big boy bed. We did hit a period of about 2 weeks where we were getting up during the night to put him back in his bed. But he's pretty much in a routine and does well. Something very special to all of us that we started recently is praying together as a family as we tuck him in bed. He even asks for it and knows it's time to pray, or "pay" according to B. He's ALL about trucks right now. He has 1 truck in particular that is his. He does share his others and likes to bring us a truck so we can play with him. We had some friends over a couple weekends ago and he was quite disappointed when their younger son had no interest in playing trucks with him. :( He was sad and didn't understand why one wouldn't want to play!? We still supplement his milk w/ Iron b/c he still has no interest in eggs or meat. The only "meat" he eats is turkey hot dogs and McD's cheeseburgers.

Well, I'll quit there. Hopefully you'll hear news soon of the arrival of baby George #2. But then again, it could be a few more weeks. Booh.

2 comments:

Mae said...

37 weeks already? Where in the world did time go?!?!

Michele said...

I am laughing at your getting ready=bye bye bullet. The same thing happens here! Whenever I say let's brush our teeth and get dressed, Lo immediately says "bye bye." I tell her no we just need to get around. But who am I kidding I really only get around when we need to go somewhere! HA! Not alone.

Hope that baby comes soon for your sake.