5.31.2011

A sad good bye

After we brought Eagan home from the hospital, we had a few nights of him having his days/nights mixed up. After careful thought, we realized that I had probably been drinking too much caffeine. During my pregnancy I drank a cup of coffee and/or Dr Pepper or Pepsi at least 3 x's a week, if not more. Well, I continued that trend even after delivering. When I was prego w/ B, I did drink caffeine, but as soon as I gave birth, I gave it up while breastfeeding.
Since I've stopped drinking caffeine, Eagan has been doing great with sleeping at night. For the last week and half (of his 2 weeks of life), he has been sleeping 5-6 hr stretches during the night. Knock on wood - I know. And even though it's hard to give up the caffeine, it's SO worth getting some sleep at night.

However, to take it's place, I crave sweets like none other!! Somehow, these found their way in my shopping cart today, not sure how it happened. !?? I. never. buy. these. But I so look foward to eating them. :)

Guess I won't be fitting into any skinny jeans anytime soon...

No comments: