5.28.2011

Mom = a blessing!!

There's really not much to say except that my mom has been a HUGE blessing to us this past week and a half. She arrived last Wednesday (the day I was discharged from the hospital) and will leave tomorrow morning. tear. She has helped us SOO much. Breeson has had a great time getting to know his Grandma a little better. It's been great for their relationship. Plus, it's been great having her here to give him extra attention during this adjustment. It's been an extra blessing to me as I have had a harder time post delivery than I did with Breeson. I've been to the doctor 2 times and the ER since delivering (bladder infection and blood clotting); not to mention the Ped's appt's that we've had for Eagan.

Thanks mom (and Dad for letting her come for so long) for being a great MOM and Grandma to Breeson and now Eagan. We appreciate your sacrificial heart and selfless attitude. Thanks also for getting up several times during the night to either take care of Breeson or allow Jamie and I to get extra sleep. We can't thank you enough!!

_________________________

Last night we ate dinner at White Fence Farm. It was a fun place to eat at. It's a family-style, southern cooking type place. Plus, they have a petting zoo, gift shops, and playground. It was a great place to run off some energy.









Since Eagan was born, time has gone by fast and slow. It's crazy how it can do that. I think the adjustment will really start to sink as we will be doing it "on our own" now that my mom is leaving. However, we do look forward to Jamie's mom coming out later on.
I don't want to jinx anything - but the last 3 nights have been great as far as Eagan adjusting to night time routines and feeding/sleeping. He seems to like his sleep better than eating during the night - and for that I'm thankful!! Knock on wood.
He'll sometimes go 5 hour stretches. I wake up and check on him to see if he's still alive!
Now that we've been home a few days, Breeson doesn't even seem to notice Eagan 90% of the time. He likes to occasionally hold him but once he does, he's off to playing again. I think once Eagan becomes more interactive that'll change though.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Congrats to you all!! Another beautiful baby boy :). You all look great and so happy!! God bless!