8.03.2011

Life...

Life has been busy, to the say the least. It's busy enough when you have 2 kids, but then when you add working a lot more days than usual, it makes it even more hectic. Starting this week, I'm finally on more of a routine at work, where I only work 2 days a week (Mon & Thur's). The kiddos go to day care on Monday and Jamie watches them on Thursday. Since going back to day care after maternity leave, Breeson's reverted back to the days of when we first started going by crying/screaming his head off when we drop him off. :( No fun. Eagan's been doing ok there. It was hard to leave them both the first day back to work.

I can't believe we're in August already. Where did the summer go? We hit the triple digits a few days here, but I know it's not been as hot as it has been in Kansas and the Southern states. We finally broke down and put a window unit in. It's not pretty, but it keeps us cool.

Last Saturday night I met Jamie over at Ikea. It was crazy!! I read that on opening day (Wed prior to us going) they had around 70,000 people. Even when we went on Saturday, there was a LONG line just to get into the store. Luckily they let us cut b/c we had a stroller!! :) We didn't even walk around both floors (2 stories), we only did 1 and then ate in the restaurant. After that, we were exhausted fighting the crowd and our kids. I'll go back once it's settled down a little more and maybe go kid-free. I did get what I was going for - Ahlgrens bilar candies!! :) My friend, Annika, who is Swedish, introduced me to them when we both worked/lived in Uzbekistan. I love these things!!! Oh, and I did buy a lantern for our patio table too.

Otherwise, Jamie's busy working away with both of his jobs. We're still putting out resumes to various churches. I am settled back into job too. Breeson is as busy as ever. I feel like his vocab has exploded in the last month. Everyday he puts together a new sentence. We're almost to the point where we can carry on a conversation with him. Still a bit choppy at times. He's growing up so fast! Of course, so is Eagan. The little chunk is getting pudgy - the cute pudgy!! I'm guessing he's over 10 lbs now. ?? We go to the Dr next week for his 2 month. He had been sleeping in a swing at night and we recently moved him into the crib. The first night he did great and only got up during the feeding time. But the 2nd and 3rd night he's woken up b/c his covers are off. The only way to get him back to sleep has been to nurse him. I don't want him to get in the habit of that though. :( I have to remind myself he's only 2 1/2 months old. I will say this, I am enjoying him as a baby much more than I did with Breeson. For Breeson, I felt like I just wanted him to grow up. Eagan is much more cuddly and in the last 2 weeks has really shown us more of a laid back personality. We are enjoying him!!

I'll try and post pic's sometime soon. My dinosaur of a computer is on the fritz. I pretty much have to hand crank it to get started (not really - but close!). So I just don't deal with pic's anymore b/c it's hard to get the pics on my comp and then to post them. I need too, my boys are growing up and I'm gonna miss out.

No comments: