8.24.2011

Mi casa es su casa

"my house is your house"...is something I hope everyone knows and feels who walks through our front door. One thing I am the most thankful in marrying Jamie is that he too enjoys entertaining and having guests over. I don't think it was one of those things I particularly looked for in a husband, but since he enjoys it, I'm very grateful. And what's great about him is that he doesn't care if it's a big or small group, and he's all about inviting people over that we barely know in order to get to know them more. (Thank you husband!!)
This summer we've had a lot of gatherings in our backyard for BBQ's and I've loved every single one of them!! This is what summer is all about - loving on our friends. I feel like in the last couple of weeks, we've been super busy with either having people over or going to our friends' house. Sometimes I wish summer wouldn't end.
One thing we're trying to do is be more intentional in getting to know our neighbors. Last night was a great opportunity as we had 2 couples come over for hamburgers.
One of the pastors at our church recently gave us a patio table and chairs - thank you Bishop Green!! It has been a blessing to us, as well as others for when we host. I think it could be easy to feel "inadequate" as our backyard is ugly b/c we have no grass - only weeds. But it's something that we just can't do anything about right now and we've got bigger (better!!) issues to tackle.

So as summer winds down, I raise my glass and say, "here's to friends who come eat our food - we're the ones who benefit from your presence!".

No comments: