8.07.2011

Mommy-Son Date


Breeson and I had a Mommy-Son Date last night. We went to see Barney Live!! I NEVER would've believed it if you would've told me years ago that I would be doing this right now.
But we did. And we had fun. A friend of mine gave me the tickets, so we didn't pay for them. I told her Breeson doesn't even watch Barney and she said her son didn't either. :) Thanks Tricia!

The show lasted an hour and a half. I was shocked it would last so long considering it's for kids. But Breeson was mesmerized the whole time!! We let him watch Barney the Friday before we went and we talked about going to see Barney the last couple of days. There was some songs that he knew and was super excited about singing along.

The show was at the Pepsi Center downtown. The convenient part for us is that we live next to the light rail (2 blocks away!!) and so we rode the "train" in. The inconvenient part was that after we got on, we learned the tracks were down a few stations ahead and we all had to be bussed downtown. However, Breeson was super excited to get to finally ride one of the busses. We had a fun time all around.




You wanna know the silliest part of all? When we were sitting there watching Barney, and Breeson was jumping up & down singing, I got a little teary-eyed. You see, for that exact moment, there'd be no more like it. We will experience other fun things in life, but I got to enjoy him for his first "concert" (if you will). To see his excitement, and amazement; plus to just hear him sing along...there will come a day when he'll deny going to that show and probly not want to sit on his mommy's lap to sing the ABC song.

We had a great first date night just the two of us. I love that boy!!

1 comment:

Ashley Davis said...

I was going to make fun of you, but this post was so sweet. Glad you got a date with Breeson!