5.29.2012

...back to reality

We just got back from vacation yesterday afternoon. I figured I'd post about it now and put pic's up later on. We were in Branson, Mo from Monday (the 21st) to Monday (Memorial Day). Prior to the trip, I flew with the (little) boys on Saturday (the 19th) to Wichita to see my family. We decided to do their birthday party there with cousins and a few friends rather than here in Denver this year. They don't get the chance to do parties with their cousins that often. Our flights there (to Wichita) and back (from Branson) were both non-stop. So that was helpful. But they were still a handful. I did it alone on the way there, but so thankful Jamie was able to help me on the way back. Jamie flew directly from Denver to Branson b/c he had to preach on that Sunday, the 21st. I figured I would just write out what we did in a timeline view.

Saturday (May 19):: Flew from Denver to Wichita. That night went swimming at the YMCA w/ my parents and brother (and his crew).
Sunday:: had a great time seeing old friends at my parents church, then had a fun birthday party for Eagan & Breeson. I now have a 1 & 3 year old. Craziness.
Monday:: Headed to Branson w/ my parents, leaving their house at 4:45 a.m. Both boys slept for most of the ride! We left early to pick up Martha (Jamie's mom) from the Springfield airport, as she too was joining us for our vacation. But when we were almost to Springfield, she called to say she had a layover and wouldn't make it 'til 4 p.m. !! Bummer.  So we picked Jamie up from the airport in Branson and then the guys headed back to Springfield to pick her up. Checked into our condo for the week and started getting settled in.
Tuesday:: We lounged around, did some shopping. That evening we hit up the mini golf at Pirates Cove.
Wednesday:: Breeson starts getting sick and has a fever (it never fails - he always gets sick whenever we go on a trip. UGH!!). We later find out that (almost) every kid that was at the birthday party is now sick too. We continue move forward and go to Dixie Stampede that evening. He still enjoyed it! Then we meet up w/ the rest of the family at the park to watch my SIL play softball.
Thursday:: Head to Silver Dollar City with a sick boy. He DID NOT enjoy the roller coaster. ;)
My bad. My parents were kind enough to take the kiddos back to the condo after lunch and we stayed and played awhile longer. I did lose my cell phone that day on the trolly ride into the park. :( no fun.  That evening my Uncle & Aunt, who live in Arkansas, drive over for dinner and dessert so we can celebrate all of the May birthdays (my mom, brother, sil, and the boys).
Friday:: Both sets of parents leave and head back to their appropriate states (KS & MS). Still have sick kid. Take him to the Urgent Care and is DX with strep. He's put on Antibiotics and slowly begins to act like himself again. Yeah. Friday night I head over to see an old friend who is also in Branson that same weekend.
Saturday::  Head to the lake (Bull Shoals) to meet up w/ more old friends (Lorin, Sandee Ensz and family: Sean, Jessica & Elle, Justin & Kirsten)
Sunday:: Sore from being at lake. Head to church to meet up w/ brother and SIL, then we hit up Whitewater (outdoor water park) all afternoon. We got spoiled and had some tasty food at my brothers house afterwards.
Monday:: Pack up and head back to Denver....back to reality. The nice part is, I did our laundry at the condo before we came home, so today I don't have to do any of that. Plus, before we left for vacation, we cleaned the house really well. It was SO nice walking into a clean house yesterday.

However, today is another story!!

Today both Breeson & Eagan woke up around 6:30/6:45ish. Yuck. Prior to and during vacation, we had got them to sleeping in until almost 8 a.m. I hope we can work that back into our schedules!! And really, it doesn't matter so much with Breeson waking up early. It's Eagan I mind. Breeson can play on his own and/or watch cartoons. With Eagan, I have to get up. Poor, poor me. :) 

In all, we had a great time on our family vacation. It was perfectly balanced with seeing family and friends, relaxing at the condo & pool, doing sightseeing stuff, and just playing...even with a sick kid some of the time.


No comments: