5.11.2012

Friday blurb

Well, it's Friday. Thank goodness, huh?! For some reason this week has been long. 
Yesterday afternoon, Jamie left for Estes Park for a retreat, and so I'm doing it solo w/ the boys. It's the first time for me to do that. There was one other time Jamie left for a trip, but I was in KS w/ Breeson so I had help. So far, we're all still alive and we haven't lost it...yet. 

This morning we headed downtown to The Children's Museum. It was a nice way for them to explore and get (some) of their energy out. We were there almost all morning. I decided to go today b/c Eagan was FREE since he's not yet 1 (but that changes next week - since he turns 1 on the 17th), plus I used a buy 1 get 1 free coupon Entrance for Breeson and I. It would have been nice to have Jamie there to help, but we saved $$ today - and that's good too.


---------------------------


Sometimes I catch Sadie trying on Eagan's shoes...silly dog.


Our garden is in. We doubled it in size this year. And when I say "we" have a garden, I mean Jamie. He's the one who puts in all of the labor. I just stand back and watch. :)   (thanks honey!!)
I do get to eat the fruit of the labor - literally. 
This year we have: purple hull peas, lettuce (various types), tomatoes, peppers (jalapeno & red bell), strawberries (from last year), zucchini, squash, red potato's, & carrots. I know I'm missing some stuff.

 Well, a week from tomorrow I'll be on a plane w/ the kiddo's headed to Wichita. We'll be celebrating the boys' birthday on that Sunday (the 20th) w/ cousins and a few friends, then we'll ride with my parents to Branson where we have a condo booked for the week. Jamie will fly directly there as he has to preach on that Sunday. I'm looking forward to going and relaxing...


No comments: