4.20.2008

"April showers bring May flowers"

So we are nearing the end of April, fastly approaching the long-awaited summer months!!! I'm so ready to start laying out by the pool!! I went shopping yesterday and I saw so many cute swimsuits. I decided to wait to buy one until I really need it.
This past week has been pretty good. Although Jamie's been super busy w/ finishing up the semester, so I have missed hanging out with him. We got a little time this weekend - which I'm learning that when those times come, I need to really appreciate them.
Work went well and I'm daily getting more and more comfortable there. My new friend, and coworker, Danielle, has been a God-send!! She's such an encourager and I can see us becoming good friends.
On Saturday I hit up the outlet malls with her in Castle Rock. I forgot how good prices are at outlet malls. I bought Jamie and I each a pair of sandals and a couple t-shirts (for Jamie) at the Gap. Great deals!!!
Today was another beautiful, but windy day. We were busy with being the greeters at church, then right after services met for the 1st time with our church softball team. Today shockingly proved how horribly uncoordinated I am!!! :) Actually, I knew it wasn't going to go so well today...but I want to give it a try. I'm excited about our co-ed team. I kinda feel bad for the guys on it though, only b/c I don't foresee a high winning track number. Oh well, I'll give it my best shot.
So earlier in the week, I babysat for some friends, Austin & Amanda. Baby Wyatt is only 3 weeks old. I'm thankful to say the kid is still alive. Although he didn't enjoy it when I beat him in chess 3 times or watching the movie "Tombstone", he still hung in there. We're good friends now. Actually what he hated most was the routine of the infamous - diaper change, or the bottle of formula that he's not used too. So he let me know his feelings by his strong vocal chords, which amazingly reach a pretty high pitch. And as much as I'm not that great with babies, I survived on a good note. He thankfully stopped crying before the parents arrived back, which made me look good!!! Thanks Wyatt!
And although Wyatt and I had a pretty good time, I'm realizing more and more how much work goes into caring for a child. I only had to do it for a couple hours; at this point I couldn't imagine doing it 24/7. Wow - kudos to Austin & Amanda!!
Well, more to come later this week...

No comments: