4.13.2008

I hate my grumpy days

Today didn't start off too well. I woke up on the grumpy side of the bed!! I wasn't ready to get up when Jamie tried (ever so sweetly) to awake me. I snapped at him and then turned over and tried to go back to sleep. Poor baby! He gave me a few more minutes to wake up on my own; for that I was thankful. After my shower, I felt a lot better and had to apologize.

We had a good morning at church as we're continuing to build relationships there. I think we're just now starting to feel really comfortable there. It's a good feeling walking into church where people know your name and you know theirs. It makes me feel like I'm more at home.

Plus, we just love our small group - they're a great group of people. I'll be sad when we stop meeting.

After church we went back home to eat leftovers. Then I took a short nap while Jamie watched The Masters on t.v.

We decided to take advantage of the nice weather so we went to the park to play tennis. But since I had just woke up, I played horrible (well, like I normally do - but today was even worse). So I asked to cut the game short and Jamie being as nice as he is, obliged to it. Then we grabbed our ball and gloves and were going to throw the ball around to get ready for our church league softball. But since I was a little crabby again (from my nap), I may have thrown a little tantrum b/c we weren't throwing where I wanted to throw. I'm a horrible person. Why does my husband love me? Well, we decided it wasn't the best time to hang out at the park so went back home.

While at home, I caught up w/ my wonderful and dear friend, Ashley Davis, whom I miss terribly. It was good to hear her voice. Ahsley helped me get out of my grumpy state.
I can't wait to see my Birmingham friends in June when we visit the South!!!

We went to small group and had a good time there. We grabbed a quick dinner at home and now we're sitting at Caribou Coffee. Jamie's studying while I'm messing around on the internet. We used to "borrow" our internet from our neighbors, but they finally caught on and have blocked us. We may actually buy it someday...we'll see!? :)

I had to humble myself and ask Jamie for forgiveness. It's never easy but it's something that always needs to be done. I am so very thankful that he has such a forgiving heart. He never holds grudges and is easily forgivable. I hope I can be the same for him.
Christ is always ready to forgive us - for things far worse than just grumpy attitudes. For that I'm so thankful and honored. I know I don't deserve a majority of things I do and say - yet He is always there to forgive me of my sins. Thank you, Lord.
Thank you for giving me a wonderful husband who exemplifies (in a VERY small way compared to You) what your love is all about. How privileged am I??

2 comments:

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

it is refreshing to walk into a church and feel you have a place amongst the people. glad you two have found as such.
missing you ol' friend! ~k

Daniel & Mae said...

Not wanting to miss the great message of this blog, but Daniel (most) always has to wake me up in the morning and he is so sweet about it...but you would never know from my attitude either. Thank you Lord for patient husbands :) I am so happy y'all are feeling welcomed at church also...