4.22.2008

Just my luck...

So last Saturday I went dress shopping for the Selah Gala (it's for Denver Seminary students this Friday night). I figured it was a good excuse to get a new dress, plus I convinced Jamie I would also wear it for many other summer occasions coming up (ie., weddings).
I went to the outlet mall in Castle Rock and a dear friend took the time to walk around w/ me which ended up taking longer than I expected. I was pretty indecisive and couldn't find the right dress. Our last store we ended up in was Dress Barn. Ok, so I used to really make fun of that store for some reason?? Maybe b/c they have a lot of old-lady looking stuff in it?? Anyways, to my surprise, I actually found a pretty brown dress. However, the smallest size they had in stock was a size 6. Which (I guess b/c of the half marathon training) is now too big for me!! I'm now down to size 4 - yipee!! So the emoployees tried to call around to another store but they didn't have it. Later that evening I drove to another Dress Barn to see if I could find it and they were already closed. To my amazement, I found a Dress Barn yesterday not too far from my work. So today I stopped by and amazingly enough, they had it in size 4. To my disbelief, the only dress in size 4 had a faulty zipper on it!! Grrr!! I guess it wasn't meant to be...it's just my luck.

On with the dress search, once again...

1 comment:

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

good luck girl on finding a different dress :) i know that it can be frustrating at times...~k.