3.31.2009

blah

Not too much has been going on. I'm about to start my 33rd week. I go to the Dr this Friday for the usual check up, but this time they're going to start giving the low-down on what to expect. On Sunday, Jamie and I are going for the "crash course" on child birth preparation. We'll be there all day (11-5). We chose that rather than going several weekends in a row.
Sometimes I think not knowing what to expect is better off. I don't know!? :) Since hearing two dear friends' childbirthing experiences (Jenny and Ashley), I've been having crazy dreams.
The other night I dreamt that someone else gave birth to our child for me, so then I didn't have to do it (sweet!!), and all I had to do was deliver the placenta. But then I was worried b/c since I didn't do the actual delivery, I wouldn't know what to expect for the next time. Weird?!

Anywho, church planting is going. We're in constant prayer that God will be in the center of it all. Satan is really trying hard to discourage us. But he's NOT going to win this battle! The school in which we were to have our first service (Easter Sunday - only 2 weeks away) has been changed - not by our choice. So we're looking into other options. Please be in prayer with us as we had already sent out thousands of flyers with that school's location on it. But - after reading some encouraging words in Psalms this morning, I was reminded that if God is in it, then we shouldn't worry about the other things. I constantly have to reminded to "be still and know that I (He) am God...".

In other news...Jamie and I finally made our lists of baby names the other night. For those of you who don't know the plan, we each chose 3 names (he chose 3 boy names and i chose 3 girl names) and we then had to agree/disagree on those names. And when it comes to the birth, he will have the final say-so if it's a boy and I'll have the final say-so if it's a girl.
We actually didn't have too many disagreements! We know for sure that we won't name our child w/ a "J" name or anything that has a "juh" sound. I mean..."Jamie and Joy George". C'mon! Why would we continue this by naming our child w/ a "J" name!! :)
I will spill the beans on one name. I had really like the name Thadeus, and we would call him "Thad" for short. But then I was afraid kids would say "Thad George" (as in "that George" or "by George"). So it's a NO on Thad. :(
Otherwise...you'll just have to wait. I do like the anticipation of not even knowing myself what the name will be for sure if it's a boy. It's exciting!

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Hey! Glad things are going well - babywise and otherwise. :) I'll be praying for your church plant!
I can't wait to hear about your class - are you taking an actual birthing class? We decided information wasn't comforting for us, so that's why we didn't do one - ha ha! :) Good luck!

Ashley Davis said...

reid said you should name him king. king george. perfect.

deenanour said...

Ashley,
your comment made me laugh. and i'm in the library so i had to control my laughter.

KING GEORGE!!!!!

yes.

definitely yes.

Jamie and Joy George said...

Ha ha...King George!! Dang it - Reid is a good guesser!
If only you knew...