9.24.2009

4 months

Breeson, you're 4 months old today. You are growing like a weed! Plus, you're getting heavier and heavier to carry around. I won't be sad when you can start crawling and walking on your own. You're starting to really work out mom and dad's backs.
You have such a beautiful smile. I love walking into your room in the mornings b/c that's when you're the happiest. You give us the biggest smile when you first see us stand over your crib. Some of the things you enjoy is watching TV,
(constantly) chewing on your fingers, sitting in your Bumbo on the kitchen counter watching us work, playing in front of the mirror and checking yourself out, playing with your toys, laying on your play mat, and for a few seconds - entertain yourself in the exersaucer, which we're still working on. You're always moving and hate to sit still - which also scares me when I think about the future. You're also beginning to really enjoy your stroller. You especially enjoy it when you're facing out so that you can see what's going on around you. Which, you've always been that way. You won't let us hold you facing you towards us for very long, for fear of "missing out" on something. You're a very observant kid. You're still not sleeping through the night (*sigh*), but I usually get in a few ZZzz's while I'm feeding you. :) Throwing fits has become a norm, you usually throw at least 3 a day. Sad to say, but we have to leave you in your crib and walk away. We love you too much to let you continue throwing them. We'll continue to work on that as you get older. You really think Dad is a pretty funny guy. I think you two are going to be good friends. He can't wait to take you out on the golf course. You know you're going to be our retirement, right!? Dad can make you laugh and laugh, but when I try and do the same funny faces, you immediately stop and look at me w/ a blank face. What are you thinking?? "Mom, stop. You're not funny". :( Oh well...I know you love me too in a different way.
Well, here's to 4 months. We're so blessed to be your parents. We love you and are thankful God is allowing us to take care of you.



2 comments:

Ashley Davis said...

so sweet!

and looks like we'll have someone walking before jack even starts crawling!

the smiths said...

You know Noah is the SAME way with his daddy...he thinks Ryan is hilarious, and then when I try-soooo not funny. He just looks at me like I'm an idiot. :/