9.03.2009

A good read



As a kid, I read ALL the time. I especially loved fictional books (Mandy series, Boxcar Children, etc). I read some in high school, but more of the expected reading the teachers gave; not so much "fun" reading. Then came college. After college, I didn't pick up a book for a long time. And when I did...some books never got finished. I think the last book I read from start to finish was The DaVinci Code, like 4 years ago. Sad, but true.
I did read some of the book, What to Expect When You're Expecting, but I only read what was applicable to the time of my pregnancy. I was not one of those girls who read up on everything before the baby came. Maybe that's why I'm pretty clueless on a lot of things.
But now...I'm reading A Splendid Thousand Suns, by Khaled Hosseini. It's a GREAT read. I can't put it down. I started it last week and I'm almost 3/4 done. I even read while I sit at the stop lights on my way home from work.
Khaled Hosseini also wrote the book The Kite Runner, which was inspired by the movie. It's a MUST SEE!!

1 comment:

the smiths said...

Ooo I'm glad you gave this a good review! I have wondered how it was quite a few times, and now I know! :) I'll have to look at it...