9.02.2009

what's the use??

We've decided to sell my wedding gown. I mean, what's the use in keeping it??
It made me kinda sad though when I pulled it out of the closet, yet at the same time, happy because of the wonderful memory of our wedding day. There are few reasons to sell it:
1. It takes a lot of room to store it, especially since we live in a little condo
2. The chances of me wearing it again on my 50th, or any other anniversary...not very likely.
3. The chances of my little girl (if we have one - and that's no gaurantee) wearing it, also not very likely. The dilemma and irony in this is, if I keep the dress, she won't want it. But if I sell it, then she'll want it.

My thought is, if it doesn't sell, then I may as well hold on to it.
If you know of anyone who needs a dress...let me know!!
I tried it on in Bridal shop where it was retailing over $700. I then bought it online for over $550. I'm selling it, with the veil, for $400 obo.



2 comments:

Michele said...

I totally hear you on it! We tend to hold onto these momentos, but it is the MEMORIES no one will EVER take from you! I may consider doing that too...but your dress is more "classic" looking than my big poofy princess dress! Hope you are able to sell it!

Ginger said...

You were/are a beautiful bride! Totally makes sense... maybe I should think about it... sigh. :)
Yes, time does fly by!! How is Breeson doing with night time? I wish we lived closer to each other so we could have a play date! :)