9.19.2009

Nordstrom's vs. Dillard's

This morning, I took Breeson out of the house so Jamie could write a paper. So, we headed to the mall. It's funny how you don't pay attention to bathrooms prior to having a baby. I know some of my girlfriends having already posted about this topic before on their blogs.
Anyways, while we were out, I knew I was going to have to feed Breeson. I remembered Dillard's having a sitting area, with even some cushioned chairs, in their bathroom, so I headed that way having already decided that's where I would feed him. After we got situated and Breeson began eating, I soon realized it wasn't the best decision. The sitting area was smaller than I remembered, and the door creaked really loud every time someone walked in/out. Plus the toilets making the loud flushing sound made Breeson all the more curious as to what was going on around him. So we packed up and headed out. Since he wasn't crying from only eating a 1/2 oz of milk, I decided I could take the time to find a better place to feed him. I headed to the opposite end of the mall towards Nordstrom's. Since it costs a little more to shop there, I rarely frequent it. We headed to the 3rd floor bathrooms, not knowing what they were like. I was appreciative to find a "Family Bathroom"...but this is what I found.

I figured it would be better than nothing. But decided to give the Women's bathroom a try. I walked in, and this is what welcomed me...

There was actually another room adjacent with a changing table and the stalls were several feet away, so we weren't as bothered w/ the flushing sounds. :)
Thank you, Nordstrom's for being family-friendly (and most of all, Mom-friendly). Breeson finished up his bottle and even fell asleep in there. I thought about letting him sleep in his stroller while I took a quick snooze on the couch. :) But figured people would think I was probly homeless or something. !!

Well, here's a picture of my sweet boy during our outing. He did a GREAT job shopping with me! Plus, we got some sweet deals today.


The End.

1 comment:

The Boccias said...

Not too much longer and I will be going to Von Maur for nursing sessions whenever I'm at the mall here! Glad you found a good place...and I can totally picture you thinking about catching a few zzz's on that bench. :)I like the new header/picture thing on your blog!