4.24.2011

He is Risen

The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay..." - Matthew 28:5-6

Happy Easter!! HE is risen; He is risen indeed.




This year I made some sugar cookies and we distributed them to our neighbors. In hopes of being more evangelistic (which by nature, I am not), I attached the verse above to each package. It's one small seed that will hopefully be used to encourage them.




Here's B's Easter basket. You'll notice we wrote "from Dad and Mom" and not the Easter Bunny. To me the Easter bunny is hokey (sorry for those of you who do the bunny). Plus, the bunny's are always freaky when you see them at the mall. But above all, we hope and pray that we raise B in knowing the TRUE meaning of Easter and not just candy, eggs and bunnies.
I didn't do much candy for him, and the little that he did get, I have eaten or hid most of it. :)



Here he is at church this morning. The kids all gathered in one large time for the Bible story and then craft time. After that they split the kids up in ages and let them hunt for eggs. B's age group was in a small classroom and the eggs were just laying around the edge of the room. So much for "hunting" for them. Nonetheless, he still had fun.



And don't judge me on his outfit. I know it was pretty cold outside this morning, but I had already bought the outfit so I figured he might as well wear it. Plus, the egg hunt was indoors. And as for the shoes w/ socks...I didn't know what else to put with it (but we do LOVE them - thanks Ash!!)


And then of course a typical family photo on the big holiday. Not the best, but it was the best out of the 4 pic's taken!!



For lunch we had other people who are also "displaced" here in Denver. All of them live out here on their own and don't have family around. So we did our Easter lunch together at our house. All the cooking wore me out. Not to toot my own horn, but I made:
  • Deviled eggs
  • Ham
  • Green bean casserole
  • Potato's (diced w/ seasoning)
  • Crescent rolls (Pillsbury, obviously)
  • Salad (spinach leaves, strawberry's, mandarin oranges, w/ candied pecans & strawberry poppyseed dressing)
  • Southern Style Strawberry Cake (recipe from Theresa)

No comments: